Systematic Approaches for Scale-up of Family Planning/Reproductive Health Best Practices Community of Practice
The Systematic Approaches for Scale-up of Family Planning/Reproductive Health Best Practices Community of Practice aims to bring together researchers, program implementers, policy makers, and advocates to share experiences, tools, and approaches to support the scale-up of family planning and reproductive health solutions. Established in 2012, the Community of Practice (CoP) is led by the Research for Scalable Solutions project at FHI 360 in partnership with the Implementing Best Practices Initiative. The CoP is hosted on the IBP Xchange platform and meets quarterly. The goal of this community of practice is to increase the use of systematic approaches for sustainably scaling up best practices in family planning/reproductive health (FP/RH). Members share their experiences and practical tools through webinars, events, and online discussions. The community provides a venue for country-, regional-, and global-level exchanges to facilitate learning about how best practices can benefit more people and foster policy and program development.
Community of practice members include a diverse range of global health and development actors including, but not limited to:
- regional- and country-level policymakers,
- program managers and researchers from the public, private, and NGO sectors, and
- donors and other organizations with an interest in advancing the science and practice of scaling up family planning and reproductive health through the use of systematic approaches.
Join us on the Xchange and subscribe to our listserv! Our complete library of resources is available on the IBP Xchange Platform. Among others, there you will find a key resource that the community of practice produced under the leadership of the Evidence to Action (E2A) project: the Bibliography of Systematic Approaches for Scale-Up of Best Practices, which includes a selection of published articles and gray literature that address theories, concepts, and experiences with applying systematic approaches to scaling up.
Scale-up CoP Meetings
- Partner Meeting: Systematic Approaches for Scale-Up of Family Planning/Reproductive Health Best Practices Community of Practice held its first partner meeting on March 2, 2021 after transitioning from the Evidence to Action project to the Research for Scalable Solutions project. Resources: Video Recording, Slides (PDF), Session Q&A.
- The Scoop on Scale: Reflections from our Government Partners: A conversation hosted by the Systematic Approaches for Scale-up of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Best Practices Community of Practice on May 25, 2021. Resources: Video Recording, Highlights Blog Post
- Peer Assist: Four colleagues engaged in collective problem solving and chewed on scale-up’s puzzles, such as, what is realistic when measuring scale-up during COVID, how can we best build organizational capacity of our scale-up partners, and how can we continue to improve the quality of interventions as we go to scale on August 10, 2021. Resources: Video Recording, Slides
Round-Up for Scale-up: A Collection of Tools Created by Members of the Systematic Scale-up of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Best Practices Community of Practice